We recognize that there are many patients who, unfortunately, don’t have a smooth transition from the hospital to their home. This is especially true in trauma cases: the patient cannot communicate and the family is usually hyper-anxious and distraught. The traumatized family feels lost and is worried about the future. Sustained Hope is right there with you to reassure and help you.
Our Hospital-To-Home Transition service is specially and comprehensively designed with three components:
- Education and Counseling — the purpose of this is to help you recognize and acknowledge the post-traumatic stress. Knowing that you are dealing with experts with appropriate resources will reassure you and help overcome your anxiety. This service is offered FREE through half-a-day in-person meeting at the hospital before the patient is discharged.
- Resource Planning — Recognizing that each case is different, Sustained Hope will work with the client’s family to look at options and help in making plans that fit the budget.
- Implementation — Our team will work in collaboration with the discharging hospital, and we guarantee that a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) will be visiting the patient in their residence within 24 hours after the discharge to work out a service plan. In some sub-acute patient cases, we provide referrals to transition the patient to a care center first before they are cleared for homecare by the physician-in-charge.
With our Hospital-To-Home Transition, our team sees to it that:
- Our clients and their family feel confident that all of their patient care concerns have been addressed prior to discharge
- The patient remains safe
- Patients can reconnect with their community physician and other healthcare providers
If you wish to make Hospital-To-Home Transition service arrangements now, you just have to call us at 1-866-4.1.TO.CARE (1-866-418-6227) for assistance. We look forward to helping you transition carefully from the hospital to your home!